Spread the salaam

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reflection : News to Friends


I feel this is a very sad story
Friends, it’s a pity you are not by my side
There are many stories you have to witness
In this parched and stony land.


My body is shaken by the hard road
My heart is trembling
Looking at the dried grass
The road is also being my witness.

As the little shepherd boy crying sadly
Hey friend,
Listen to his reply
When I ask him ‘’why’’ ?
His parents have died long ago
Swallowed by the natural disaster of this land

When I reached the sea
I told all of them
To the coral
To the wave
To the sun
But all them were silent
All of them were tongue tied.

Leaving me alone to stare at the sky
Maybe I can find the answer there
Why this land always suffered from calamity.

Maybe Allah is ‘bored’ with our behavior
Of our wrong deeds and how we are proud of our sins
Maybe nature is reluctant to be our friend again
Let us ask the swaying grass.

All in all
Repentance is just the way
When we are still breathing
To return to Allah
 For being a righteous slave…


Month of blessing,
Ramadan Kareeem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment